Frequently Asked questions
- There are two keys to a stress-free move – timing and planning. It is important to start the process as early as possible. Even when you have to deal with a last-minute move, planning is important. When you have a plan set in place and diligently follow it you can rest assured that you have handled everything necessary for a smooth moving process.
- Get everyone in the household involved in the move from the first stages of planning. Make sure that everyone has a role. Using the Blue Ox Moving and Storage Moving Checklist is a great way to ensure that your move involves the least amount of stress possible.
- Do your research & select a moving company that is reliable and meets your needs!
- We offer a large selection of packing materials that you can purchase to help get you started, and we will also provide all of the boxes and materials necessary if you schedule a full pack and move.
- Free delivery to your doorstep of material orders over $100 for local orders.
- If you select packing services for your move, we will be sure to provide all of the boxes, materials, and tools needed for a full pack and move.
- Of course, you can! However, we do offer white glove packing services which may include a partial pack, full pack and/ or unpacking services as well!
- You can pick and choose which service, a la carte, or the full enchilada!
- We accept cash, check, and all major credit cards.
- Yes. We require a $100 upfront, which will be credited towards your total move cost.
- Please read the fine print when paying your deposit on our website, regarding cancellations.
- We understand closing dates change and life happens. For that matter, your deposit will move with your rescheduled date.
- Yes. Aside from the Basic Valuation coverage, you also have the option to purchase additional full value protection for an added level of coverage.
- Ask your moving consultant for more details.
- We know move dates can change. We do our best to accommodate your needs.
- There is no additional charge for date changes.
- We drive standard box trucks (8x26 ft, 8x28ft, and 8x30 ft).
- Some jobs may require more than one truck. If that is needed - we will determine the logistics and include those details in your estimate.
- Refrigerators & freezers should be cleaned out before your move.
- While we will disconnect and reconnect (as long as it's not gas) we are not certified appliance experts, so once everything is reconnected in the new place, we suggest starting a quick wash while guys are still on site to make sure all the connections are correct and working properly.
- We are not able to disconnect any gas appliances. We recommend calling an appliance person.
- If you have a dresser that contains only linens or clothing, then you may leave those items in the drawers.
- We will shrink wrap the clothing within drawers before moving the items.
- Heavier dressers, chests of drawers, or pieces made with marble tops MUST be emptied due to the weight of the item.
- You'll need to make sure to contact the USPS to get your mail forwarded to your new address.
- You can actually do this online now and save a trip to the post office. Here is the link: https://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm
Relax. We got you covered.
Request an estimate
Discover why more families choose and return to Blue Ox Moving for their moving & storage needs.